Voting

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Worst Mom Award!

I think that I get a worst mom award for the day. We were at the library and I had a bunch of books in one hand and was trying to help Lorenzo stand up with the other hand. So I pulled on his hand, and all of the sudden he just started screaming. He wouldn't use his arm and every time I touched it he would cry. I was freaking out thinking I hurt my son and he is screaming in the library. I thought I had dislocated his shoulder or something. Anyways, I called my doctor and they got him right in. I think I might have over reacted a little bit. It ended up that I dislocated his elbow. I felt so bad!

2 comments:

Timani said...

Been there done that with Lance. Dan dislocated his elbow when he was about 20 months...the ER doc warned me that that it would probably happen a few more times after that because for awhile it'll dislocate easily and showed me how to put it back in. I think it happened 4 more times...quick fix.

Mubeen said...

You know, I have heard that if you pull on their arms like that, you can dislocate their elbows. I still do it and probably will be the next one to dislocate the elbow! AHH! I'll have to be more careful!