Voting

Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's POTTY time

So I am going to hit potty-training full force this week with Esperanza. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? I am a little nervous because I feel like we are going to be home bound for awhile and sometimes I get restless, but it is for the sake of no more diapers. I can't wait! One more thing I can't wait for is when Esperanza and Lorenzo don't have to share a room :) Ususally it is fine, but nap time lately is a pain. They play, play, play Esperanza climbs into Lorenzo crib and I usually just end up spending an hour yelling at them and then finally giving up. I shouldn't complain, but I wanted a rest today and they were not cooperating.

2 comments:

brandif10 said...

I have something that may help with nap time, I will email it to you. As for potty training. No pullups at all I finally learned that. There is also a book I hear is good, Potty training in 48 hours or something. Good luck that is the worst part of parenting unless youhave my twins.

Timani said...

They are cute.

I wish you the very best of luck... I HATE POTTY TRAINING! I agree with the "no pull-ups" took me two kids to figure that one out, although I do recommend the thick padded underwear, it really helps with mess control.

In the name of "don't give them food as a reward" I've tried a special necklace, stickers, and some other things I don't remember... then I got smart... TREATS! Something small like chocolate chips, fruit snacks (one/two, not package), candy all work well.