Voting

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Arizona

we enjoyed a trip to the zoo while we were in Arizona


This is one of the most informative zoo train rides I have ever been on. Interesting fact did you know rhino horns are made out of hair. I thought that was cool.

Well, my kids and I took a little trip to Arizona for the weekend. We drove down there for Abraham's baptism. And I will tell you what it was a much needed trip. Although I swear my kids always get sick just when we are going to go on a trip. The day before we were supposed to leave Lorenzo started vomiting then breaks out in a rash so I knew right away he had strep throat. So he was not the happiest on the trip but we did survive his crying. Poor thing. We took Zane with us and Esperanza and Zane enjoyed playing with their cousins. On the way down there we stopped at my Grandma's house in Hurricane and then we got up early in the morning and left for Arizona and as we are leaving Esperanza just started crying so hard and I was like what is the matter kind of surprised and she said I didn't get to play at grandma Heaton's house. I thought that was cute. She just loves grandma heaton. Zane was really good the whole trip, but as we were on our way home we stopped at grandma's again and he says when are we going to be home and I said in awhile and his eye well up with tears and he says because I really really miss my mom and he started to cry. It was so cute it just like hit him all of the sudden. Anyways we always love to visit Matt and Patty and their cute kids.

Essy and Afton in the kangaroo pouch We even got to enjoy Addie's birthday with her

6 comments:

brandif10 said...

how fun! I am jealous! a real outing and no unpacking. by the way your welcome down anytime!

Jody said...

That is fun that you were able to get away for the weekend! Poor Lorenzo, I hope he is feeling better!

Mubeen said...

How fun! It's always so much fun visiting family!

rayndrop said...

Katrina, I have to tell that when I went over to grandma's the other day, one of the first things she told me was that Esperanza loved being with her. She told me about the trip, but she was especially pleased about Esperanza. I think she likes knowing the little great-grandkids love her. Cool fact about the rhino horn. Did you know that polar bear hair is actually transluscent?

The Heaton's said...

Looks like a fun trip! My kids love going to GGrandma & GGrandpa Heaton's house too!! I think the would live there if we would let them! We don't get to see Matt's family very often so thanks for sharing some pictures!

Aaron and Jen said...

Looks like you had a great time! It's always good to get away for awhile!