Voting

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Basketball


We went to a University of Toledo basketball game last night because it was family night and only five dollars for the whole family. We all got to sit in the student section since it was spring break and wasn't very full so we were practically sitting on the floor. It was fun and the kids loved it! Sometimes the games are a little bit reminiscent of high school games to me. The University doesn't have a very good basketball or football team and so they don't have many fans, but it is fun to go, and of course for Spencer it doesn't matter what sporting event it is. He loves them all. I think that the kids are going to be brain-washed into loving sports. I think I am going to have to start putting a little more influence in different directions so they will be a little bit more well-rounded. Don't get me wrong I love sports, but I can't quite feel the passion that Spencer does. For instance when deciding where to apply for jobs he considers the sporting events in the area. Like when we made the decision to come to school here, the area called his name because within a 90 minute radius of Toledo there is Michigan, Ohio state, Notre Dame, the Cavs, Pistons, Lions, Browns, Tigers, and Indians, not to mention Chicago is only 4 hours away! What do I say to that AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There goes all of our very small income, or in other words we had to take out extra student loans to accomadate his sports addiction (just kidding about the loans). But he does want to get a final four ticket valued at $500 for next year in Detroit. He is claiming he wants it to be his birthday, father's day and Christmas present combined. What do I say, not going to happen! Good thing I love him sports addiction and all.

3 comments:

Timani said...

That totally cracks me up about all the teams around and Spencer knew it all, when we looked at Ohio...we had NO IDEA.

Maybe Spencer could start hitting up family now for Christmas, b-day, etc. and possibly have enough $$ or close to enough that you'd be willing to let him use a little from the reserves (HA!) to cover the rest. ;)

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

I'm not surprised one bit, in fact, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat with Tyson really soon. :)
Spencer cracks me up.

Mubeen said...

Katrina-
I don't have your email addy (please send it to me) so thought I'd leave a message on here. I just checked my mail after forever and got your package! You are too sweet!! I love the onesie and absolutely love the argyle socks! HOW CUTE!!! Thanks so much for thinking of us! xoxo