Voting

Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter, Birthday, Etc.

Life has been a little bit crazy lately. Spencer has been gone more than normal because he has had a competition at school and then we had Easter and Lorenzo's birthday and I have had three job interviews. Whoo! It has been fun though. So to start off Easter we had a Easter egg hunt and party at the Church on the wed. before Easter, which Esperanza loved and then on Saturday I decided to be brave and let my kids dye eggs. I really am brave to let a one and two year old go at it. They actually had a great time and did pretty good. I finally ended it when Lorenzo dumped a cup of dye all over the place. Luckily nothing got stained I stripped them done first (smart thinking:)!
Their hands and arms and legs were quite a site after! Esperanza was dictating what eggs go where. I was going to just let them use raw eggs so they didn't go to waste since I am the only one who likes boiled eggs. I am glad I thought that one out first. Although I might have a better story to tell:)
Sunday Morning we hid the kids baskets and had a mini egg hunt around our apartment. I was so proud of Esperanza she would find one egg for her and one egg for Lorenzo. She was sweet! I said to Spencer on Saturday that we should hide the baskets and do all the Easter bunny stuff on Saturday and try to focus on the spiritual part of Easter on Sunday. He shot me right down saying your family or my family didn't do that growing up and we are not going to start now. He is so funny. I love him.

Here is my little Easter bunny! Isn't he cute. I think my mom made this little hat. It had a bunny outfit that went with it at some point, but we only ended up with the hat I guess after cleaning out my mom's house. I think that all of us kids were once that bunny (for Halloween not Easter).
Then the day after Easter was Lorenzo's first birthday! I can't believe he is one. Where did the year go. He is becoming such a "big boy", now every time he takes a few steps Esperanza claps her hands and says mom yea, he's a big boy. But he is still not walking very far. He gets really nervous. It is funny to watch.
We had a little family party for Lorenzo for his birthday. It was a busy day. I had a job interview and it was Esperanza's first day of swimming lessons, and Spencer had school so we had to fit his party in, in the hour that we were all together that day, but Lorenzo certainly enjoyed his cupcake. I think that was his favorite part.
He even got to open one present all by himself. He had a lot of help with the rest of the presents.
Finally they got to try out his new tricycle. I am sure glad that it fits two. Good thing my kids are small. I just can't believe how fast my little guy is growing up. He cracks me up. I think he has a lot of Spencer in him. He teases Esperanza all the time, and he jumps on her. He loves to wrestle, and he is just so good. He is always laughing and smiling. He is such a little mommas boy. I love it! He is so sweet. I am so thankful we have him.

4 comments:

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

Adorable kids! I can't believe how fast they grow up. I can't wait to see them.

Jody said...

You guys have been having lots of fun there! Lorenzo is getting so big! I think he looks like a Tonioli! What a fun tradition you guys are carrying on!!

The Heaton's said...

Hi Katrina! Your kids are growning up so fast! They are absolutely adorable! I love blogging so we can keep in touch with family!! Hope everything is going well with you guys! Super cute pictures!!
Adam & Analice

Mubeen said...

Gorgeous kids!!! Sounds like fun times!