Voting

Monday, January 14, 2008

AAAHHHHH!!!!!

I almost killed myself today. Scary! I was blow drying my hair and my blow dryer started on fire. So I started screaming and almost turned on the tap and threw it in some water. I would have electricuted myself. It was a close call before my rational brain kicked in. Whew. So I thought I would share the good news that Spencer got a job. He is working as a small claims assistant at the Toledo Municipal court. It is 12 hours a week, but any income is so welcome in this house. It will be good experience for him too. We are still waiting to hear from some firms to see if he has a summer job yet. I am finding out that I am not that patient. Spencer and I have always kind of flown by the seat of our pants without much planning, but now that I have kids and having to wait and not know what our plans are for the summer is killing me. Also I have been wanting to go back to work like one day a week, but I can't until I know if we will be around this summer. So I feel like we are in a waiting mode.

3 comments:

Jody said...

You are having all the luck lately! Believe it or not, I keep waiting for that to happen to me, and it frightens me alittle that it actually does happen(with the blowdrier)to someone!! Congrats Spencer on the new job!

A Person from the Genocidal Generation said...

All I can say is you're a freak! How in the world do you get your blow dryer to start on fire!

Timani said...

YAY rational brain!

Income...What's that? Congrats and isn't it kinda funny how exciting 12 hrs a week is. How does he find the time to do school and work?