Voting

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I hope I am not the only one who has done this!

It is so cold here! Today was one of those days that you can't go outside with just a coat. You have to have gloves, hat, scarf, etc. Your face hurts just going outside because of the wind chill factor, but we braved the cold and went to wal-mart. On our way out of wal-mart, I put my kids in their car-seats without buckling them because it was so cold and started the car. Then I got out to buckle them up. Somehow when I got out I locked the doors. I was so scared. My car was running and I couldn't get Esperanza to unlock the door. I didn't have a cell phone and we don't have a spare key. I didn't know what to do. Luckily there are nice people in this world. Some lady stopped and called triple A for me. Lorenzo rolled out of his car seat and onto the floor so he was screaming. I felt so bad. This guy also stopped and called the police for me since triple A said they would be 45 minutes. Well, triple A and the police arrived at the same time and helped. Oh man I am so glad those people helped me. I don't know what I would have done.

5 comments:

Timani said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry that must have been horribly scary and cold. Poor Lorenzo crying on the floor while mom was watching him through the window. For future reference, the police will come unlock car doors if a child is locked in there, but won't if it's just your keys. (If anyone is wondering, I don't know that from experience... one of the few things I don't know from experience.)

Jody said...

I'm sorry I had to laugh. You have the worst luck lately! That would be really scary though, that really sucks! Good thing there are nice people in this world!

Mubeen said...

Oh wow! Scary!! But I'm glad everything worked out and everyone is safe!

A Person from the Genocidal Generation said...

Havent you ever heard about when my dogs locked me out of the car in the middle of nowhere? I had to break a window to get in. They only cost $135.00.

Tyson, Amber & Alayna said...

Wow that's crazy. I would have freaked. I'm glad people helped you though.