Voting

Friday, January 11, 2008

how embarrassing

So I thought I would share an embarrassing moment that happened today. There is a store here called playground world; they sell playground equipment and they open it up for the public for an hour on Fridays so we go and play sometimes. Anyways Esperanza is not yet potty trained but she loves to wear underwear and it is OK around the house because I can take to the toilet or whatever, but this morning I forgot that she had on underwear and we went to playground world. She was up on one of the tall swing sets and Lorenzo was under it on a tire swing and all of the sudden he got a shower of urine and Esperanza started to cry. There were all of these kids up there stepping in her pee. How awful. So I clean it up and then a woman is telling the worker that someone peed and he better clean it up. So I have to fess up and tell him that we took care of it. So needless to say we left, but I was so embarrassed. Should I go back is the big question. Spencer told me that I make way too big of a deal of things. Well, I thought it was a good story. I really should be feeling thankful I guess that it was Esperanza's pee on Lorenzo and not a strangers. Esperanza also did the cutest thing this morning. We recently moved Lorenzo into Esperanza's room because we felt like he couldn't sleep in the kitchen any longer (long story for another post). Lorenzo woke up at 5:00am like he does every morning and I decided that I would see if I let him cry for a little while if he would go back to sleep, well he ended up waking up Esperanza and I hear her in there saying lowenzo lowenzo you want your daddy? She is just patting his back and trying to calm him down finally she says mommy lowenzo is crying. It was so sweet. Needless to say we were all up at 5am instead of just Lorenzo.

4 comments:

Mubeen said...

That's so cute! I hope Madyson is as good a big sister as Esperanza!!! I say you should go back to Playground World. I am sure kids have done worse!!! I could tell you stories of what Madyson has done, but we always go back!!! We hope to see you in November for Thanksgiving, we plan on coming up to Utah!!! (I know, I know...it's only January!!)

Timani said...

Every once in a while I google random people (people that I know)and see if they have a blog. Look what I found a few days ago. I'm sorry, but I was laughing so hard at the pee story. I sympathize with you...HOW EMBARRASSING! My honest answer is go back (but I would probably wait a couple of weeks). Such a sweet story of Esperanza comforting her brother.

brandif10 said...

I just laughed. I have to say with my 4 I haven't had that experience yet. I would have been so embarresed. I would probably wait a few weeks and then go back (double checking our clothing of course). Chad always has the embarrasing things happen with him. Sometime I will have to tell you about Isaah and the saleslady with the zippered sweater. (isaah was about 1yr). We still laugh. Chalk it up to a great learning experience and go back!

A Person from the Genocidal Generation said...

Hey Kat,
I thought you might want to finally have me leave a comment for you. I sat in bed for like 15 minutes last night on my phone trying to figure out how to leave you a comment, but couldn't do it on the small screen I had so I had to wait until today. I started a blog so you could read it too, but my blog posts are a little different than yours. http://rantingsofgenocide.blogspot.com/


Now to comment on your latest story. Who cares if she had an accident. Essy is a kid learning to be potty trained. nothing bad about that. You should have made the employee clean it up. I'm sure it's happened before. I know I've cleaned up quite a few things left behind by people and I wouldn't have dreamed about having them clean it up. Go back and have fun!